Navy blue blazers with a patch on breast pocket of Egerton Ryerson.
Ryerson had two crests designed in the early years. The first crest, blue, gold and white, approved in 1949, is round with the name “Ryerson Institute of Technology” and a head and shoulders sketch of Egerton Ryerson and the date 1948.
In addition to student use, blazers were worn by cheerleaders, ushers and usherettes at plays, convocation and other ceremonial occasions, the glee club, the choir and the Ryerson band.
With Howard Kerr's efforts, the crest was replaced in 1966 when the College of Arms in London, England granted Ryerson its own official crest.