Light grey-green stone with nature white veining and black spotting. The figure relclines toward the left. The sculpture is traingular in shape with minimal detail. Eyes and scales have been very lightly etched into the stone.
Box of 1 dozen 3.5 x 3.5 inch glass plate negatives in original box. Logo on box lid is an illustration of a knight on horseback with the words "On Stanley On". Dark red trim around the edges of the top and bottom box. Package is opened. Missing directions, formulas manual. Plates are dusty. The Stanley Dry Plate Company was purchased by Eastman Kodak in 1904, and the plates continued to be made with the Kodak brand name affixed to the label. This box shows no Kodak branding, dating them between 1884 and 1904. See The Stanley Museum, Kingfield, Maine: http://www.stanleymuseum.org/Museum%20-%20Kingfield%20ME.html
Box of 1 dozen 4.5 inch glass plate negatives in original box. Logo on box lid is an illustration of a knight on horseback with the words "On Stanley On". Package is opened. Plates are wrapped in tissue. Box is three-style enclosure. The Stanley Dry Plate Company was purchased by Eastman Kodak in 1904, and this box shows the Kodak branding, dating them after 1904. See The Stanley Museum, Kingfield, Maine: http://www.stanleymuseum.org/Museum%20-%20Kingfield%20ME.html
2 plates removed and placed on display in a glass plate drying rack in the Special Collections reading room.
12 oz. glass tube with cork stopper that contained Ingento No.2 toning and fixing powder for all kinds of gelatine printing out papers, now empty with a crack in the glass. Found inside original cardboard packaging with rolled up sheet of instructions and a folded paper with an advertisement for "Titleit", a service provided by Burke & James, Inc. for marking negatives with typed titles.
Packaging for 3 rolls of Kodak Verichrome Film, opened and no longer containing film although they have been re-glued shut. The 3 boxes were designed for various sizes and speeds: 120 film at 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 inches, 116 film at 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches, 124 film at 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inches. The packages are stamped with develop by dates: Nov 1934, Nov 1935, Dec 1935.
Round metal tin for 16 mm Eastman Color Negative II Film, opened and empty. Yellow sticker on canister indicates film length of 122 metres, and Kodak Canada catalogue number: 166 5687. Eastman Kodak Company is pressed into the bottom of the tin.
Kodak Kodachrome 64 35mm Colour Slide film rolls in original packaging. 1 box, originally containing 2 rolls, has been opened and damaged (piece detached from top of box) and 1 roll is missing. There is a folded envelope inside the box to be used to send the film to the Kodak Canada Inc. processing lab. The expiry date on the box is 04/90. The second box has not been opened and contains only 1 roll. The expiry date on this box is 12/99.
1 box of Kodachrome daylight colour reversal film in original, unopened packaging with directions to process before February 1989. ISO 25. 24 x 36 mm exposures. A 2nd box has been opened and contains 1 roll of film, unexposed, inside a black plastic cannister with a sheet of folded paper listing the properties and uses of the film in English and Japanese. (Exterior of box is printed in English only.) The second box gives directions to process before May 1986.
Yellow boxes containing 1 roll of Kodak Panatomic-X black and white film each, with 2 boxes stamped with instructions to process before June 1969 and the 3rd before September 1969. 24 x 36mm exposures, ASA 32. FX 135-20.
Kodak photomicrography colour film on Estar base, SO-456. 2 rolls in original packaging, 1 opened. The opened package contains one metal twist-top tin with a roll of unexposed film, and a folded piece of yellow paper with film information and instructions for use. 36mm.
Opened packages of Kodak Professional Vericolor III film, type L and type S for 4 x 5 inch prints. Each package has been re-sealed with scotch tape, and one package has the instructions taped to the outside of the box. The boxes are stamped for processing by 07/1990 and 07/1991.
Agfa dry plate negatives in original packaging, opened but still containing a few plates. Package originally contained 1 dozen 5 x 7 inch negative plates. Stamp on back of box directs the user to develop before Aug 1939.
Black and white photographs of the exterior of a home, taken at night and during the day. Stamp on back of photograph with architect's name, Jerome Markson. Markson was awarded a 25 Years Award in 1993 for his work on the Moses residence by the Ontario Association of Architects and Canadian House and Home magazine.
Interior view of the lobby area, looking out through the windows. The building was renamed the William Tamblyn Centennial Building in 2007. It houses the Faculty of Engineering as well as classrooms and science labs. The photograph is stamped with the photographer's name: Panda/Croydon Associates.
Folder contains 1 b&w photograph of a Ukrainian catholic basilica, designed with a rounded arch front and cupolas, in a flat rural setting with a grain elevator in the background. Church is located in Ethelbert, Manitoba and the photograph shows a grain elevator in the background.
Photographs of the first home built in Souris, Manitoba in 1883. Courtesy the Manitoba Archives. Text printed on the verso of one of the photographs reads "The first hous in Souris. Built to Accommodate the men who built the first mill dam on Plum Creek. House was just south and east of the present creek bridge."
Photographs of a red brick and grey concrete construction. According to the CA article in the August 1984 issue," the building is organized along a central spine along which occur classroom wings and a series of spaces for various activities. Its central and pivotal point is the library which is visually open to the spine. The classrooms are organized into clusters of four and their windows open onto enclosed courtyards... The red brick and green rooflines are reminiscent of Edmonton's schools built earlier in the century."