Title and statement of responsibility area
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Tekst document
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Kodak Canada Inc.
83 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
Canadian Kodak Ltd., which became Kodak Canada Inc. in 1979, manufactured photographic films, papers and equipment for over a century in Toronto, Ontario. The company formed the Canadian branch of the successful Eastman Kodak Company, and officially opened its doors in 1900 at 41 Colborne Street under the direction of John G. Palmer. The company expanded and moved to 588 King Street West in 1908, but already plans were underway for an expansive complex to the north of the city. In 1912, Canadian Kodak purchased 25 acres of farmland near Weston Road and Eglinton Avenue to build a major manufacturing facility known as Kodak Heights. By 1925, there were over 900 employees working in seven buildings at Kodak Heights. Over the years, the company earned a reputation for having a cooperative and supportive relationship with its employees, adopting many of the successful practices in place at Eastman Kodak in Rochester, New York. In 1940, an Employee's Building was constructed to accommodate the activities of the flourishing Recreation Club, the Department Mangers' Club, and the Kodak Heights Camera Club. During the 1990s, the rise of digital media began to have a serious impact on manufacturing programs at Kodak facilities around the world, causing the Eastman Kodak Company to reduce its production of traditional print photography by one third globally. The company chose to focus on digital products, which did not require the extensive facilities used in the production of traditional photographic materials. On December 9, 2004, Kodak Canada Ltd. informed its employees that manufacturing operations in traditional film products would cease entirely at Kodak Heights. The company's facility faced the same fate as many of its foreign counterparts in England, Australia and France, being completely abandoned and demolished shortly after closure in 2005. Kodak Canada still maintains a sales and support office in downtown Toronto, while the manufacture of traditional photographic chemistry has returned to Rochester.
Bereik en inhoud
Sub-series contains textual records produced between 1885 and 2004 that pertain to Kodak Canada as an entire corporate entity. Includes: George Eastman and William Hall Walker's original Canadian roll holder patent; correspondence between Canadian Kodak and Eastman Kodak executives; customs letters; company-wide announcements; company history notes; general company information; annual and quarterly reports; reports published or commissioned by Kodak; executive presentation notes; corporate directories and administrative documents; records pertaining to miscellaneous corporate divisions; and other miscellaneous corporate records.
Fair to good.
Directe bron van verwerving
Records in sub-series are arranged into sub-sub-series and files based on kind or on the creator of the records.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Open. Records are available for consultation without restriction.
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
For strategic documents related to Kodak's mission, vision and goals, see: 2005.001.08.05.16.01
Standard number area
- Kodak Canada Inc. (Onderwerp)